Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Interesting Fact Number One: Potato Beads

Hello Bloggers!

At work I hear all sorts of things about what people do with their beads such as ceiling fan pull strings to garden decor, purses, book marks but what I don't hear much is what people find useful to use as a bead. And there's some things I would have never considered.

One of which is patatos. Yep! Potatos! They were dyed pink too! I didn't get to see these, sadly, but I was told by my boss at our second store. So I thought I'd google potato beads and here are my findings:

Basically you just cut the potato into 1/2 cubes, stick them on skewers, and then let them dry for about a week before painting them.

Of course they're going to shrink after drying so you may have to keep that in mind.

Below are photos I found on the internet for potato beads.





Take care,
~Leann

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing!!! They don't look like potatoes at all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed but I don't think I'd ever try it lol

    ReplyDelete