Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nature Necklace

Hello Bloggers!

I made this necklace awhile back. I had some crazy ideas.

First of all, the shell pendant was originally white/cream. I was inspired to try something a little different and painted it with acrylic paints (with my handy dandy Q-tips). I then cut scrapbooking quote on transparent paper. I thought the word Nature was fitting, so the rest of the quote is floating around in some box somewhere =)

After the paint and gluing on Nature, I went over the whole shell with a paper glaze. I think about two to three coats. Afterwards, I decided to hang some charms through the center of it and made some free style wire wrapping.

Then for the rest of the necklace I had a piece of leather laying around which I kept from a pair of paints I bought (scraps are useful!) and used ribbon to bring out the green from the pendant. I felt it need a bit more extra sprucing so I added the freshwater pearls but I wanted it to seem like it was floating up the necklace so they're crimped on fishing line.

Then there's the shell beads on the necklace. I had those for a while and I liked how the brown one looked on top of the green one and thus I needed to figure out a way to not only attach them to the necklace but also to each other (without gluing). Somewhere along the way I had the crazy idea of wire wrapping and making zig-zags down the center, and ta-da! We have a finished necklace all of which I stumbled upon while playing with wire.

I made one like it for the bead store I work at so eventually I'll take pictures of that and show you =)

I hope you like it!












Thanks for viewing! Take care,
~Leann

No comments:

Post a Comment